Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It IS possible to order in vegan!

Over the weekend, I wasn't feeling quite like myself.  I felt light headed and just worn out in general.  Everything seemed to catch up to me on Monday, and wham... I felt awful.  Thank you to Mother Nature for that one.  So sweat pants and the couch awaited me, and I played with Natalie at home for a good portion of the day.

For lunch, I decided to have a little bit of comfort food to help me feel better:



It was really good.  I enjoy every single Amy's product I've ever tasted.  They're just wonderful!  It's nice to support a family business who is so dedicated to meet people's needs while still offering satisfying and delicious foods.  My favorite Amy's product, although not vegan, is:


Um, yes please!  SUPER delicious.

When Walt came home from work, I was still feeling really sluggish and so I asked him if pizza sounded good.  By doing a quick ingredients search and confirming these ingredients on a couple of trusted websites, I found out that a few pizza places have vegan crusts and sauces.  One of those places is Pizza Hut-- their Thin n' Crispy crust is vegan.  (The other two places are Little Caesar's and Papa John's, both of their regular crusts are vegan.)

I ordered a Thin n' Crispy pizza with extra sauce, no cheese, and toppings of onions, green peppers, and mushrooms.  A couple of pieces along with a giant salad made for an awesome vegan meal, delivered right to my front door!  Here is a picture of my pizza slices:


I was really worried I would miss the cheese on this pizza.  I figured if I really missed it, I have Daiya mozzarella-style shreds in the fridge that I could melt on top under my broiler.  But, I didn't miss the cheese very much at all!  The tomato sauce is so much more flavorful when the cheese isn't covering it.  It tastes so fresh and delicious.  And bonus:  I didn't get that sluggish feeling I usually get after eating a few slices of pizza.

Today I had the leftovers for lunch, and they were very good.  Tonight, Walt was running out for a class meeting, so we just had some quick black bean taco roll ups with Daiya and Sour Supreme, with salad and refried beans on the side, in order to get him out of the door on time tonight.

Since I'm home alone, I decided to treat myself to a delectable treat that has been hiding in my pantry, waiting for the perfect night-- it's the box on the left!



Look kids!  VEGAN BAKING MIXES!!!!

Pricey, but really delicious, and perfect for any vegan compassionate family or a family with food allergies.  Totally worth it!

More to come soon... I'm attempting a vegan shepherd's pie this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment